March 26, 2010

An American In Paris [59]


Jerry is an artist living in Paris who pretty much loves how everything is going. He’s pretty popular, he has no worries and just lives off his paintings. Ms.Roberts is intrigued by Jerry and his paintings and is willing to help him out by setting up a showcase for him. Problem is she’s falling for him and he’s just met the girl of his dreams.
Lisa is Jerry’s “love at first sight.” Problem is he doesn’t know anything about her and she’s not willing to let him in just yet. He tries really hard to grab her attention and to finally get her to agree on a date with him. Poor guy is heartbroken to hear she’s already engaged, even more to WHO she’s engaged to (I’m not telling). He’s ready to give everything up for her but it looks like he’s just going to have to settle for someone else.
Jerry sings, paints, dances and plays music. This movie just opened my eyes to all the different forms of art you can express yourself with. The way all the arts are combined so beautifully in this film just wow’s me. Apparently it caught the eyes of many others because this film won 6 Oscars. Surely a must-see for anyone who appreciates the arts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I'm also working on this list, I got the book about a year ago. I'm at 286 and counting. Some of the movies on here aren't really that great. Right now I'm watching Ran which I can't stand. Among the others that I didn't enjoy were Four Horsemen, Blair Witch, Harry Potter, Showboat and 9.5 Weeks. I'm always watching several movies at once in addition to Ran I'm watching Burmese Harp (very good), Napoleon (so-so), Gold Diggers of 1933 (so-so) and His girl Friday (good). Thank goodness for TMC, my DVR is packed. Good luck and stick with it.

    ReplyDelete