March 13, 2010

A Hard Day's Night [40]

[Haha, picture reminds me of Vampire Weekend]
“ What would you call that hairstyle you're wearing?”
“Arthur.”
Ah, the Beatles <3.  This film takes place in the height of their career; they’re just boys looking for a good time. They parade, sneak and run around through most of the film and shoot some funny lines here and there. Sort of reminded me of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off in the sense that it’s innocent and the guys just want to have a good time, relax and bend the rules for a bit.
I loved their sense of humor, some of it I didn’t get but when I did understand it I was just in awe of their quirkiness. They seemed like all around good guys who didn’t like being bossed around (which they were, a lot) but when it came down to it they really loved performing (not like anyone could hear them over the screaming fans).
The soundtrack consists of some of their most familiar songs, the simpler/sweeter ones. Like “All My Loving,” “She Loves You,” and “I’m Just Happy Dancing With You.” Highly recommended for Beatles fans, just in case you haven’t seen it for whatever reason but hey it was my first time watching it. And for anyone looking for that Ferris Bueller innocent sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment