March 13, 2010

Come and See [52]


This has to be one of the most intense movies I’ve ever seen and I’m sure I could never sit through it again. The whole time watching it I kept repeating to myself that I shouldn’t be watching this. This is truly an epic, too bad for me that I can’t handle to see such things.
This film takes place during the Hitler’s “all out war,” so during the Holocaust. We follow young Florya through the horror of it all. We never step foot into the gas chambers, piles of dead bodies, or the real heat of war but we might as well have. Florya is taken from his family to fight against the Germans but then he’s left behind because it doesn’t seem he’ll survive.
Once he’s left alone, the Nazi’s attack and he’s left deaf. He’s slowly going insane throughout the whole film and you can’t help but feel bad for him. The stress he’s going through and all the trauma he’s soaking in slowly starts showing on his face. He’s clearly losing his mind.
We get to see some of the horrible things the Nazi’s did… I’ll let you see everything else by yourself because overall it’s a really good film and it’s bound to leave an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment